Sunday, January 14, 2007

45 Hours And Counting

It's almost 7:00 pm Sunday evening and we have not had electricity since Friday at 10:00 pm. It's starting to get a little chilly in the house, but not unbearable. The word of the day is layer. We are layering the clothes on and layering on the blankets. Last night the electricity came on for a few minutes then flickered on and off for the next 15 or 20 minutes or so, but thats all. It gave us some hope that we would have electricity before nights end, but to no avail.

Right now we are watching the "new" Miracle On 34th Street, have one light on in the house, and have my laptop and DSL modem powered by my 1000 watt Cherokee inverter running off my van battery while my van is running to keep it charged. Not the most efficient use of gasoline, but, when times are tough, you do what you have to do. We thought we would run the van so we could watch a movie and have some much needed diversion from our current reality. Tonight, we will all sleep in the same bedroom to use our collective body heat to keep warm.

I just noticed that I can see my breath when I exhale. I'll try not to dwell on that thought too much.

Until next time, stay warm and be good.

Shoot me an email sometime or leave me a comment on this forum.

No comments: