Monday, January 1, 2007

Count Your Blessings

Just like that, in a flash, 2006 is gone. I can't believe that we have already been in Springfield for five months and completed one semester of school. Christmas has come and gone, and God has richly blessed our family.

The Hymn writer, Johnson Oatman, Jr. wrote:
When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings,Name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done

and Psalms 40:5 says:
Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done...

My list of blessings just since we have been in Springfield:
When we first got to Springfield, God provided a very nice and affordable place for us to stay while I got a job and we looked for a house.

We found a very nice partially furnished house to rent from a single missionary who is charging us the minimum she needs to rent it out.

We have been given furniture to help furnish the house. Things like bunk beds with nice girly bedding, bookshelves, comforters and bedsheets, desks, dining table and chairs.

Robin's father blessed us with a carload of food and toiletries from his church's pantry ministry.

God provided a piano teacher for Crysta who will not let us pay her anything and who also is letting us use her digital piano until we can get our own.

We came home to a huge box from some friends in North Carolina containing a bunch of clothes and shoes for Robin and the kids, and some chocolate and popcorn that I claimed for myself.

We received a basket full of food from the college. (The faculty and others at BBC was able to do this for every married student with children)

We received a basket full of food and some Christmas presents from an older couple in our church here in Springfield who said they remembered what it was like when they were in college.

We have received cash gifts from friends and JCHE in the amounts of $25, $50, $75 and $150 ($300 in all)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some others

I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for being faithful to me even when I don't deserve it.

Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Merry Pippin said...

Ken, it's Merry Pippin. I couldn't find an address on your website, but I want to write to Crysta. Send me your address if you will please.

Thanx a bunch!!
Merry
mc1225@earthlink.net