Saturday, November 24, 2007

We would have made the pilgrims proud...


I know it's now two days after Thanksgiving and this may not be the most timely post, but I am just now able to write about it. Yes, I am all turkeyed out. I have had my fill and we have not even eaten half of that humongous 20 lb. turkey. I do love turkey though, and will be ready for some more in a few weeks or so. I sure am glad turkey freezes well.

We did have some healthy choices this year. Along with the turkey and normal stuffing, Robin made this rice and something stuffing as a healthy alternative. She also made her cranberry salad with no sugar added and no marshmallows and I think she put four or five times the amount of apples in it to add some natural sweetening. It was pretty good even if a little sour. It was even better after I doctored some with a little sugar and Sweet'n Low but please don't tell Robin I did that. She also made a kinda cashew and arrowroot gravy that had a good taste but was a little slimy. Dinner was great however, and the time of thanksgiving afterwards was even better.

We all took turns going around and saying what we were thankful for. We have much to be thankful for. God has really been good to us. I am amazed at His constant provision and protection on our lives.

It is my prayer that you all had a great Thanksgiving day and made some lasting memories.

I'll try not to wait until next Thanksgiving to write another post.

Until later,

No comments: